Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Nursing Pillows

Let me start off with telling you how proud I am of myself. YES I am tooting my own horn!

I am breastfeeding my boys. I have met several people that have had twins recently. TWINS are so popular right now. With all the fertility help out there twins are actually common. Well Jon and I had our twins the old fashion way. We are sooo incredibly thankful that Micaiah and Gunnar are spontaneous twins. Meaning my egg split and BAM then there were two (identical). I couldn't IMAGINE not having both of them. A lot of people (not all) with twins are 'sort a' expecting it. Or at least they know it's a possiblity (becuase of all the treatments). I can't say we had no idea. Actually we have always talked like we were going to have twins. Why? I have no idea. So we actually weren't supprised when the doc said there were two in there. :)

Well let's begin my woes. Again, I am sooo proud that I AM nursing my boys. It is SO good for them. I'm not going to get into all of the benefit of breastfeeding now. We're talking about woes now.

Even though I am proud of myself, I am a little jealous of all those people that I have recently met that I mentioned earlier. We met an awesome couple at a twins class we took before we delivered. They were great. They had fraternal twins, both boys, both absolutely gorgeous! Well, from what I understand she tried breastfeeding at the hospital and got discouraged. She didn't react kindly to meds that were given to her and she decided it would be better for her to bottle feed. That way her husband, mother, mother-in-law, etc. could help her. Here is where my little green monster comes in. HELP HER.... I don't have HELP. Jon doesn't have milk dripping out of his chest...he can't help me. YES, yes, I could pump and give him a bottle to feed them, I could just take the (easy) route and change to formula, but remember, breastfeeding is soo good for babies.

ANYWAY... proud of myself remember :) haha Moving on from my rambling...

I purchased a Boppy Pillow before delievering (actually it was a baby shower gift at my request). Can I tell you how much I HATE it. Yes that's right I hate it. Well, I hate it for nursing. I think it's great for floor time. Not just great for the boys to use during tummy time and even while on their backs, but it's great for me to use when laying of the floor playing with the boys. It's comfy cozy. It's just NOT for nursing.

Right now I nurse the boys seperately. After they learned how to latch I tried to nurse tandem. However, (excuse my bluntness) I would just dangle my breast infront of ones face and wait for him to latch on. Then I would do the same with the other and the one that was latched would fall off. The Boppy Pillow isn't wide enough for both boys. There isn't enough width for both to lay on there, etc. So I would use my hands to TRY to hold them into place and just dangle breasts. Its was a pretty funny sight to see. After such poor latching I had several different ouchies to deal with. Therefore, I went back to feeding one at a time.

Feeding one baby at a time can be time consuming. I do enjoy it at times because I get to be with just him. However, there are times that the other is SCREAMING and I can't do anything about it. I'm home alone all day. The poor kid has to just scream and wait his turn.

I went online to see if there is a better pillow for me. I found 3 that I could choose from. This is the one I decided to go with. It's called My Breast Friend Twin Nursing Pillow. http://www.mybrestfriend.com/twins

I haven't gotten it yet. There are a few places that carry it and I want to find it for as cheap as possible. I'm willing to spend anything if it actually works for me, however, my wallet isn't.

I will let you know how I like it. I am going to go to the different stores on Wednesday and pick it up. I will also let you know where it was cheapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment