Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there.  Especially ours and of course Hubs!

We won't do much to celebrate.  Actually we probably aren't going to do anything.  We have A LOT of packing to do.  Hubs and I have finally made the decision to just pick up and leave.  We are going to be moving our family half way across the country in the beginning of July.  I will try to fill you all in on that later... 

Since we are moving and spending more money than we can imagine on getting all of our stuff and ourselves to our end destination Hubs is getting a 'special' Father's Day gift this year.  No store bought item... just some major love put into a picture.  (Well I did buy a frame for the picture.. and the prints, but you get what I'm saying)  :) 

 I gave the boys some bottles of non-toxic paint and let them have at it.
 I cut D A D out of cardboard for them to paint.



 Only M & G did the painting :)  L sat back and napped on the back porch.

 As I say all the time... I can never get a good picture of my boys anymore.  They are all over the place all the time.  They were bribed with their first lollipop.
 Didn't they do a great job!?!

 I love M's face here.
 This is Hub's truck that you have seen in other posts.  Since our big move is coming up and it's going to be more expensive than we thought, he has been thinking about selling it.  Part of me really wants him to.  The other part really wants him to keep it.  I actually love it.  However, he hasn't been able to work on it nearly as much as he would like.  Ok actually he hasn't touched it since last summer.

Here is the actual present...


I am printing the last three pictures and putting them in a 3 framed picture frame that goes across (I will post a picture of the finished project.. hopefully it is done in time).  The one of M is my favorite.  G looks super cute too, but I wish he was looking at the camera.   L looks cute too of course, I mean come on he could never not ;) but I don't love that you can't see the green of the grass on the bottom of the picture like you can with the Bigs, there's just something about the green that makes the other two pictures stand out even more.  

Again, I hope you all have a great Father's Day!

I'm off to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment