Monday, December 3, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


 I know Thanksgiving has come and gone but I thought I would share some pictures anyway.


We went to Hubs parents house to celebrate.


Hubs older brother and family were there, his younger sister and family were there, and my mom and one of my brothers were there.  There was a total of 21 1/2 people 11 kids and 20 adults and a babe in utero (no not me).  



We had yummy pie.  One of my sister in laws made two pumpkin pies from pumpkins from her garden that were waiting in her freezer to be put into something delicious.  I was suppose to make an apple pie.     Of course I couldn't stop there.  Hubs has grown to love chocolate pudding pie since we have spent so many holidays with my family and it was a staple.  I figured I had to make one special for him.  I found a recipe online and sadly it never stiffened.  It stayed soupy and was way too rich.   Yes that apparently can actually happen.





I also made a coconut cream pie.  I decided that I really wanted it.  I've never made one before.  Actually I don't know if I ever even had tried one before.  It was AMAZING!  Definitely a recipe to keep in the box.  Even if I'm the only one that will eat it in my house.


My nephew LOVED his pumpkin pie.  He was the first kid back to the table for dessert and actually finished his piece before his siblings and cousins were even able to come up to join him.


My mother in law has these cute pumpkins all over the house.  Here are just two of them.  




 Little L Man turkey bum.


This is a horrible picture of L, but I love the joy on my mother in laws face.

Hubs family celebrates holidays much different than my family.  They spend the ENTIRE day together.  Family arrives in the morning and leaves at night, where as in my family we meet around 2, eat at 3/3:30 and leave anywhere between 6 and late.

After the big turkey dinner (noon) there was pie and play/nap time.  Then we met back in the kitchen for supper.  We had turkey sandwiches, fruit, some veggies, and chips.  I made a cranberry mandarin orange walnut apple salad with a cranberry vinaigrette dressing.  It was really good.  I love salads with fruit in them.


Then we had some birthday cake and more pie.


One of my cutie nephew's birthday was on Thanksgiving this year so his mommy made him a dinosaur cake.  Chocolate on chocolate... not my favorite, but it seems it's everyone else's because this is what we have had at 3 birthday parties since I've been here.  Oh a 4th cake was an angel food (my fav.) but with chocolate frosting.  I thought that was the strangest thing.  I guess that's why we all have at least 1 time a year we get to choose our favorite right :)

Hope you all had a wonderful time with your families on Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment