Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Busy busy busy

On Saturday we played outside with the boys for almost 2 hours.  Afterwards they took a really good nap.  During their nap I cleaned.  I had lots of laundry to do, dishes to wash, and toys to pick up.  All just from 1 day.  Ouy :)  While I was picking up the toys I decided to put away all of the younger toys and throw some away.  I have a big trunk in the hallway (not an ideal place.. but we have no room in our attic right now) so I put all of the little boy toys in there.  I figured I could pull some out here and there because the boys do still like to play with them and they are also close by for when Little Man can start playing with them.  

When the boys woke up we took them to Walmart and did some food shopping and play shopping.  We used one of their gift cards from their birthday to purchase a water table.  I thought I would use that more during the day than the baby pool.  I think I would rather save the baby pool for when Daddy is home.  

After shopping we took the boys to a hamburger hotdog ice cream place.  We had so much fun eating outside with the boys and allowing them to have their own 'baby' ice cream cone.    

On Sunday we took the boys to Touch a Truck.  One of the local rotary clubs holds this yearly.  I heard about it and I was so excited to take the boys.

Touch a Truck has all different types of trucks that the kids can get in and 'operate'.  There were cranes and cherry pickers.  The kids could get harnessed into the cherry picker bucket and go up and down.  We didn't even ask the boys if they wanted to try this.  Although they probably would have LOVED to do it.

There were semi trucks.  The boys were able to 'drive' the truck and pull the horn.

There were front loaders, bull dozers, excavators, and many more construction vehicles.

Kids were allowed to lift the buckets up and down on some of the trucks.  We didn't have the boys do that either.  They had just as much fun using the levers on the trucks that didn't have keys in them.

A helicopter even landed during the event.  The boys were so much fun to watch while the helicopter was touching down.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of their faces... it was so hard to take any pictures.  I'm actually embarrassed at how horrible the pictures came out.  Owell.. that's what happens when you are holding a 2 week old because he is soaking wet from sweat from sitting in his car seat and building up his lungs by screaming as loud as he possibly could.  The second I picked him up out of his stuffy seat he was happy as could be and fell asleep within seconds.  I draped a light blanket over him to keep him out of the sun and we went about the afternoon ... glad he's so tiny .. he was so easy to carry.

There were a whole bunch of fire trucks and ambulances.  The boys were allowed to sound the sirens and honk the horns.

There were sanitation trucks, buses, fire rescue boat, jeeps, and so much more.

When we were all done exploring the trucks we sat on a bench, drank some water ate some fruit snacks and puffs all while staring at the lake watching the ducks plunge in and out of the water.

I was so impressed with Hubs during the day.  He was a trooper.  By the end of the event he was exhausted.  He had to lift the boys up and down and up and down into the truck and chase them all around the fields.  He had a blast, but was exhausted!

After coming home and everyone taking a 2 hour well deserved nap we went outside to play some more.

The boys helped Daddy put the water table together and then had fun playing in it.

They liked playing with it even without water.

Hubs said he'd be upset if he wasn't there the first time we put water in it.  I told him I think he had nothing to worry about... it is suppose to rain all week.

Again... this is what happens when you take pictures with one hand... dark and not completely in focus.

G liked the table so much.  He thought it would be even cooler if he could climb in.

Makes me wonder what they are going to do with the table once there is water in it.

We had such a fun weekend!  So incredibly busy, but FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment