Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Party

We had a little Super Bowl Party yesterday.  Hubs loves to get together with friends and if I can make it so friends come to us I will do just that.  It makes it so much easier with the boys.  They are not by any means shy so if we are out and about they are a handful.  Like I'm sure most almost 2 year olds.  They love to explore and to talk to people.  This makes it very hard for Mommy to visit with anyone.  So if I love when people come here.  I don't have to worry nearly as much as the boys breaking something, falling down someone's stairs, etc.  They can just play and visit with all the guests and so can Mommy.  

I got some ideas and free printable downloads from Hostess with the Mostest.  I think everything came out cute and super yummy!





The soft pretzel recipe was from The Food Network and was seriously the best soft pretzel recipe I have ever made.  AND SOOOOO EASY!!  I will definitely be making these again!  I made one batch with salt and another batch with cinnamon and sugar.  I couldn't find pretzel salt at any store (I tried 4) so I bought a sea salt cracker.  I have always wanted one but just haven't wanted to spend any money on one.  This particular one has 3 different size cracks.  I put it to the largest crack and it just made the pretzel!   I baked the cinnamon sugar pretzels with the cinnamon sugar already sprinkled on.  Next time I will definitely wait until the are done to sprinkle them.  



For the food I made chili and corn bread, hot wings, bbq wings, hot dogs, and french fries.





The site had the cutest free printables that I was so excited to use.  I used 2 of their football party themed printables and mix matched.  The little concession stand baskets were my favorite!  I printed them on card stock and followed the easy directions to assemble them.  We used those instead of plates.  





We had so much fun watching the big game with our friends.  The boys had a blast yelling touch down and running around showing off.  What a fun age!

No comments:

Post a Comment