Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope everyone had a wonderful day.  

I had NO plans for today.  Hubs and I told each other that we weren't going to do anything for the holiday.  I never even went in the attic to get our small box of decorations.  

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful flowers.  Nothing extraordinary, but they were perfect!  So of course this put me in the Valentine's Day mood.  

Before the boys went down for their morning nap I decided to have them make a Valentine for Hubs.  I gave them some paint and they had fun smearing it around on the paper with their fingers.  

After they went down for their nap I cut some paper hearts to make a quick garland.  I also made pipe cleaner letters and wrapped pink yarn around them... and voila, Valentine's Day decorations.  



 Before the boys finger painted I painted their hands to make a heart.  G really doesn't like to have paint on his hands so I just let him do what he wanted with his plate of paint.  After a few minutes of looking at it, picking it up and putting it upside down on his paper he finally started to finger paint.  Since he already had paint on his hands he eventually allowed me to paint his entire hand to make his valentine.






 My perfect flowers from Hubs.





After decorating I quick jumped in the shower before the boys woke up so we could run to the store after lunch.  I had decided to make Hubs some fudge.  I'm not a fan of fudge and I've never made it before but I know he loves it and it looked extremely easy to do.  IT WAS!  I cut four pieces of the fudge into little hearts so that we could enjoy a piece after dinner.    


Hubs asked if we were going to give the boys a whole piece.  I said I'd rather not, but I wanted to cut it into hearts.  He took one of the hearts and broke it in half so the boys could share a piece.  G was not a fan of this idea AT ALL!  He started screaming when we saw it get broken so Hubs just gave them each an entire piece.  They LOVED it.

No comments:

Post a Comment