Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ort Farm

Since Monday was my first day as a Stay at Home Mama I decided to take the boys out on a little day trip to Ort Farm. Well, actually, I had to bring my work computer back to work and I decided to stop by a coworkers (wow I mean ex-coworkers) farm to visit. We had a nice lunch together and then we went outside to visit the animals.

Before we saw the animals the boys explored the yard. They found a house that was just the right size for them.






After taking a bunch of pictures with their cute little shark hats I realized that they weren't at the beach, they were at the farm. I could not keep taking pictures with those hats on. I was thankful that the sun went behind the clouds for a few minutes. I think I need to invest in some super cute straw hats for moments just like these :)


There was a bridge in the front yard. The boys LOVED walking up and down the little hill. Each time they got to the edge they would turn around and walk the bridge again.






Micaiah
Gunnar
Gunnar

Each time they stepped off and back on they looked so grown up. I can't believe they were able to make those steps. They did have a few soft headers, but all in all they did a great job on the bridge.

Then it was time to wonder over to the animals.

The boys were so cute. They were shrieking in delight. The first animal they saw was a duck.



At first it was a tip toe to get to the ducks. The boys were a little nervous, but once they got there they had NO FEAR.





Gunnar

Micaiah
Micaiah
Goat :)

The boys kept sticking their fingers in the cages. Which made Mama a bit nervous. I didn't want an animal to think that cute little finger was a yummy wiggly worm.


BUT of course their favorite thing was the rocks! Every time we go anywhere they pick up handfuls of rocks. Those handfuls normally go in their mouths. YUCK! They didn't do too bad on this day. I only had to say NO MOUTH about 20 times. That's not bad.

Gunnar

Micaiah
Micaiah



Gunnar seemed to really like this goat. The goat seemed to really like Gunnar. He even let Gunnar touch his nose.


When Gunnar got board with the goat he turned around and began to walk away. The goat was not very happy with this. Gunnar didn't notice but the goat started to ram the fence. I am going with the assumption that the goat LOVED Gunnar and didn't want him to leave and not that he was mad at Gunnar for touching him. My friend said she has NEVER seen him do that before. Sheesh :/


OH the cow. The cow made me scream. I was leaning over Mic telling him NO MOUTH and picking the rock out from under his tongue. When he finally dropped it I stood back up and turned around and there the cow was. He appeared out of no where. Freaked me right out.


Micaiah
Micaiah
Gunnar
Gunnar
Gunnar

The boys really seemed to have a blast. When we were all done I got them in the car, took out a wipe and tried to clean them up just a bit. WOW were they dirty. I got them home and they even took a nice nap for me. Trust me after running this way scooping one up and running that way to scoop the other one up on a 85+ degree day over and over again I was THRILLED that they took their afternoon nap!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pictures! They are like twice as big as when we last were there! What a fun day. Loved the bridge! Our hot day is tomorrow but today I went to the lake with Silje and David the lake was quite refreshing but a beautiful place to spend a hot and humid day!
    Love You, Grandma

    ReplyDelete