Friday, November 18, 2011

Lazy Week

We were very lazy this week. Earlier this week Jon and I took the boys to Target to find them a Cars and Thomas paperback book. The boys have a cardboard noise making Thomas and Cars book, but the Thomas book has fallen apart and they have been 'stealing' paperback books out of my book basket that is on top of their toy shelf. They are getting SO BIG I can't believe they can reach up there!

The day after we brought the books home they asked me to read them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... I think you get the point.

They asked me to read them so many times and I did, but eventually I just could NOT handle reading the same two books all day. I finally turned on the TV. I called Jon in my 5 minutes away from reading the same two books and he 'yelled' at me for turning on the TV just so I didn't have to read those books. He said that it was horrible that I 'deterred' them from reading and turned them towards the TV. I did feel guilty for doing it, but I had to. I only let them watch one show. After the show ended they asked me to read those books again... and of course I did.

When Jon got home the boys asked Daddy to read to them. What do you think they wanted him to read. YEP the new Cars and Thomas book ONLY. After Jon read them each twice he told them no more. TWICE. COME ON! HAHA. By the time I had to turn to the television I had already read them a ZILLON times. Of course hubs apologized for 'yelling' at me and giggled.

Here they are reading their books.











No comments:

Post a Comment