Friday, August 3, 2012

Scary

I just experienced one of the scariest storms.  Hubs and the rest of the family were at church while the boys and I stayed home.  The service started at 7:30 and I have been 'forcing' my Bigs to go to bed by 7:00/7:30.  They have been so overtired and totally need some major sleep.  

The storm started right when we were finishing up getting ready for bed.  G heard the thunder and said.. "oh, boom boom in the sky".  They were both very excited.  We looked out the window and then they climbed into bed and laid down.  About 5 minutes later the storm went CRAZY!  I looked out the window and it was completely black.  It was so windy and I'm assuming a little hail, or just really big rain drops I guess haha.  

I snuggled L the whole time and stared at the monitor watching M & G, who could care less about the storm (thankful that there is only one window in their room and it isn't facing the lake).  The dog and I were just staring at each other waiting for the storm to be over. 

When the rain finally began to slow down I looked out the window and this is what I saw



It went from black outside to the most beautiful sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment