Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm Blessed


It's been a few weeks since I've joined Gretchen's I'm Blessed party over at He Sows, She Sews. Pop over there and join in with sharing your blessings.

There are so many blessings in my life. A lot of the time I don't even notice them. I'm sure you can relate to that. Sometimes I am so frustrated with something that the blessing with in it is hard for me to see.

Lately I have been so frustrated about having no hot water. Of course! Who wouldn't be?! Washing dishes in cold water (we couldn't boil water and fill the sink because the drain in our sink was broken), taking cold showers, boiling water to wash our faces.

As I have driven around town and further, I see houses that are still vacant from flooding.

As annoyed as I am that about 3 weeks later I still have no hot water and there is water still trickling in the basement I am so blessed that's all that happened.

Our house is still standing. Our house hasn't had to be vacated. Our belongings (except furnace) are in perfect condition.

Most importantly our house has loving happy people in it, and for that I am blessed.

OH and I am blessed that hubs finally was able to fix the sink yesterday! Ten minutes after he fixed it I filled it with boiling water and evened it out with some cold so I could take a "shower". It was SO much nicer than carrying 6 boiling pots up and down the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment