Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby Stuff

I am 35 weeks pregnant and have done nothing to get ready for little mans arrival.  I shouldn't say nothing... NOT MUCH is more like it.  

The crib is not in the room.  The dresser/changing table is not in his room.  All of the newborn clothes are still in the attic.  The newborn diapers are still in the attic.  I have no swaddles or blankies down from the attic yet.  There is no chair in his room.  Nursing pads and covers are still in the attic.  Car seat and base are in the attic.  Yea basically I have done nothing!  

I brought the baby cradle down from the attic and that is in our room so if he makes a surprise appearance he will have somewhere to sleep.

Last weekend I went to a Sprinkle for a girlfriend who is due with her 2nd babe the same day as me.  I decided I would make her a little homemade gift.  


I bought some beautiful vibrant dye.  I also bought gauze material (the material that Aden & Anais Swaddles are made out of).  I know that she loved those swaddles with her first born.  I know I LOVED them with the boys.  I figured since we were both due in May that they would be the perfect swaddle and we would use them all summer.


I was so excited about the green.  Green is her favorite color and I think she will love that one!  Personally the blue is my favorite.  How will my little man not be a show stopper in that blue.  I'm assuming he's going to have the same eyes as the rest of us.  BLUE!


I love the yellow too.  If little man is anything like the big boys were he will will be jaundice.  Hopefully not, since he isn't 'scheduled' to come early like M & G were.  They were yellow for 3 months.  If little man is yellow then I think this swaddle might not even be pulled out haha.  If he's not... then I'm sure he will look mighty handsome in it.

After dying the fabric I just folded the edges under 2x and sewed.  I still have to finish the green ones.  I got 1/4 the way done with the first green one and my bobbin case in my sewing machine broke.  I ordered a new one online (it's probably sitting at my PO waiting for me).

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go shopping for my baby. But I'm not sure what color I will choose because I don't know I'm going to have a baby girl or a baby boy. But I hope it's a girl.

    ReplyDelete