Thursday, March 22, 2012

Diapers


Some of you probably know that we cloth diaper.  We have been cloth diapering the boys since they were a few months old.  I wanted to start earlier but after Hubs and I finally  made the decision to do it we decided to buy our diapers from my awesome sister in-law who makes and sells them through a cute little online store The Nerdy Gerdy Boutique.  I was able to choose my shell and snap colors.  I had so much fun picking out the combinations I wanted.  


However, since she does custom orders I wasn't able to get them next day mail.  It took a month or so to get them.  I didn't know any different.  I didn't mind that it took a little while.  (Next time I order diapers from her I will remember that they are so cute and that they take a little while to be made... so I will order them early and not wait!)

Once I received the diapers I was THRILLED!  I couldn't wait to get them on my boys bums.  Sadly they didn't work the way I wanted them to.  The boys wet through their clothes ALL THE TIME!!!  I need to let you know that this was not my sister in-laws fault.  My boys were skinny little things.  They had no thighs.  They were 5lbs13oz and 6lbs1oz when they were born.  They never did get baby meat. 

Since the diapers didn't fit the boys we almost decided to just go back to disposable.  After some discussing we went ahead and purchased cloth diapers that came in 2 sizes.  I love the fact that some cloth diapers are one size from birth to potty training, but with my little skinny boys it was not going to work.  I mean how does a diaper that fits a 3 year old going to fit a 6 pound baby right.  So we bought a different brand of diaper that came in 2 sizes.  We only bought the small size.  We decided that we would try my sister in-laws diapers again when they grew out of the small diapers.  

I was so THRILLED when my sister in-laws diapers began to fit the boys.  We wore the small diapers up to their suggested weight and then moved on to these.  I am actually happy that we have 2 different sized diapers.  I have enough diapers to diaper 4 kids at one time.  I can diaper 2 newborns and 2 bigger babies.  This is perfect since I will soon be diapering 3 babes.  

 Anyway, since the boys were sick and I wasn't feeling well and then Hubs got sick diaper laundry took a little bit to get to.  We decided to use disposables while the boys were sick.  There was just no way I could get the diapers washed and have enough clean ones on hand when they were that sick.

Tuesday I finally got to the diaper laundry.  Yes they sat in the pail for a good few days.  Thank goodness for my diaper pail.  You seriously don't smell anything!  Actually the house smelt more from the disposable diapers then my pail.

Since Tuesday was so sunny out I decided to give the diapers a nice sunbath.


 I just LOVE these diapers!  Look at how colorful and bright they are.


I think this might be one of the reasons I don't want to potty train.  Haha.. I don't want to stop using these adorable diapers.  I guess I just have to go shopping for some super fun big boy unders.

No comments:

Post a Comment