Monday, March 12, 2012

Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo Birthday Invitations

I will be saying this probably each and every birthday post that I have.... I can't believe my babies are 2!

We had the boys birthday party on Saturday.  We had a hard time deciding what we were going to do for their party.  We have such a little house that we didn't think all of our and the boys friends would be able to fit.  We decided to have the party at our house anyway.  

As badly as I would have loved to spend loads and loads of money I knew that I needed to restrain myself.  I found the cutest printables online to buy (for labels, invites, etc.) but I just couldn't justify the idea of spending the money on the printable download AND all the colored ink it would take to print the items I wanted.


Instead I printed the invitation with black ink on cards that I had extra of from the boys 1st birthday.  I found a foam stamp at Michaels for $1.00.  I thought it would be a great finishing touch (or should I say a great opener since it is the first thing guests saw) for a train themed party.  I used the two main colors from the party color scheme to make the train.  I painted blue onto the body of the train stamp and red onto the wheels and top accents.  Then I went ahead and stamped all the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment