Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Projects

I was super busy with some last minute Christmas projects.  I stayed up way too late way too many nights in a row.  Sadly I am a HUGE procrastinator.  That, and with M being sick and miserable all week and no naps weeks prior it was tough to do much of anything.  

So I finally got to work on Friday night.  I stayed up until 2am getting Daddy's, 3 Uncles, 2 Great Aunts, and 1 Grandma's gift from M & G ready.  Silly enough I didn't take any pictures of these gifts.  After I was all done I set them out to 'dry'.  I decided I would take pictures the next day.  I never did.  The gifts were passed out 2 days later and after we got home I said to Hubs, OH NO, I forgot to take pictures.  I will be able to take a picture of hubs and post it (soon).  

Daddy and the boys 3 Uncles got really nice shirts from M & G.  The boys love to draw.  I have been saving all of their drawings.  I am a huge pack rat when it comes to that kind of stuff.  I purchased some really nice t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts from Kohls.  They are super soft.  Perfect to go out in or to just snuggle at home.  I traced the boys drawings on freezer paper, cut out the lines, ironed the paper to the side/front of the bottom of the shirts, then painted across the paper.  They came out SO great.  I found the idea on Pintrest and I honestly think they came out MUCH cooler.  All of the boys really seemed to love them.  I know Daddy did anyway.  

The great Aunts and Grandma got hand towels (or dish towels... however they decide to use them) with the same idea.  I painted the boys drawing on the front middle.  I loved them so much that I told Hubs that I am going to go buy a pack or two of towels and make some for me.  I got a 4 pack of kitchen towels from Target for under $4.  

After making all of the 'paintings' I decided I would go to bed.  I still had one more project to do, but was too tired.  

After our Christmas Eve festivities I started my cousins gift.  He was being given an I-Pad from his Mama so I decided to make him an I-Pad case.  You can find so many tutorials online for these.  I spent  a few hours looking at different ones to make during the week.  I found a really awesome one (I'm so sorry I closed the link because I wanted to save it and make more... I'm sure I can find it again if I searched).  There were so many tutorials for 'girl' cases.  They were all really girly.  I found one with a zipper across the top, which I thought would be best for a guy.  Rather than a flap or a buckle or button.  The tutorial used really beautiful fabric.  It was almost a paisley but totally not (haha) and she had made really cute flowers to embellish it.  Obviously I couldn't use the 'girly' fabric or awesome flowers.  So I continued to search for ideas.  I knew I was using her tutorial, but I wanted to get an idea for a more 'guy' friendly case.  I came across some foe leather cases.  I'm not a very good sewer and I have a really crumby machine so I didn't want to do that.  Anyway I came across a review blog.  On the blog was a review for a case that was on Etsy.  I didn't read the review, just loved the picture.  So I took the fabric/embellishment ideas from the picture and incorporated it into the tutorial I found.  

Getting on with it...  here is the case I made.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  















I was terrified that his I-Pad wasn't going to fit.  I knew that I followed the measurements perfectly, but like I said I'm not a very good sewer so I was afraid that I sewed too far in from the outside edge.

After he opened his case I stole it from him and grabbed his I-Pad and guess what... I FIT!!  LIKE A GLOVE!!  Too awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment