Sunday, December 11, 2011

Continuing Adventures!

G WENT PEE-PEE ON THE POTTY!

I don't put the boys on the potty often. I really should since they are actually using it, but as many of you know, it's a lot of work...especially 2 at the same time.

This morning I wanted to give the boys a bath before we went to church. I stripped down M and told him he had to go potty before he could go in the bath. He said, "K". I 'held' him on there for a little bit and I didn't think he was going to do anything. I asked him if he was all done and he said, "K". I took him off the potty and low and behold... PEE!! There wasn't much, I guess that's why I didn't hear it. I sat him in the bath and I moved on to the other boy :)

I told G he had to go potty before he could go in the bath. (He's not that thrilled with the potty... not sure he's not scared of it). He said, "noooo". I told him if he wanted to take a bath (they LOVE baths) he had to sit on the potty. He said, "K". I put him on and after a little bit I took him off. Again I didn't hear anything so I didn't think he went potty. When I looked in the bowl again, low and behold...PEE!!

They boys were SO thrilled. When Daddy came into the bathroom after he was all ready for church the boys told him all about how they went potty. G said, "G potty". He asked M if he went and he put on a huge smile and said, "potty!".

I'm still only going to be using the potty before and after baths, when they wake up, and before bed. I'm still not forcing it. I ask if they want to go on the potty. If they say no I say OK. One day I might force it, but not yet. Hopefully if we stay as laid back with it and continue to have fun with it I will not have to force it.

So exciting. YEAH for my big boys!!!

On another note... we are starting BIG BOY beds tonight! I'm NERVOUS!!! (pictures to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment